Silk Road Medical, Inc., a company dedicated to preventing the devastating burden of stroke through surgical innovation, today announced that multiple podium presentations at the upcoming VEITHsymposium Nov. 13-17 at the New York Hilton-Midtown will feature the company’s TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) procedure.
One-year results from the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) TCAR Surveillance Project, launched in 2016 to obtain real-world comparative outcomes of TCAR versus carotid surgery (endarterectomy) from centers participating in the Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI), will be presented in a “Hot New Topics” session on Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- “Outcomes of TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization) Compare Favorably with Those of Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) in Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Patients Despite the Higher Medical Risk of the TCAR Patients: From the SVS/VQI Registry” will be presented by Dr. Marc Schermerhorn of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston) at 4:15 p.m. in the Trianon Ballroom.
Additional presentations will be featured in the “New and Improved Technology and Techniques for Carotid Treatment and Carotid Artery Stenting (CAS): Mesh Covered Stents and Transcervical TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)” session on Friday, Nov. 16 in the Grand Ballroom East:
- “TCAR with Flow Reversal Is Equal to or Better than CEA for Treating High Risk Symptomatic Patients with Carotid Stenosis: DW MRI Findings Prove It (From the PROOF Trial)” will be presented by Prof. Ralf Kolvenbach of University of Duesseldorf (Germany) at 8:24 a.m.
- “Update on Recent Results and Trials with TCAR: Why Is It Gaining Acceptance and Its Use Increasing: Lessons Learned” will be presented by Dr. Vikram Kashyap of University Hospitals Case Medical Center (Cleveland) at 8:30 a.m.
- “Technical Tips for Optimizing Outcomes With TCAR: Precautions and Contraindications to Its Use: Does It Decrease Stroke Rates (From the SVS Registry)” will be presented by Dr. Mahmoud Malas of the UC San Diego School of Medicine at 8:36 a.m.
- “DEBATE: TCAR Is A Game Changer for CAS and Should Replace Transfemoral CAS Procedures” will be presented by Dr. Richard Cambria of Steward Health Care System (Brighton, Massachusetts) at 8:42 a.m.
Silk Road Medical will be exhibiting in booths 505/506 in the third floor foyer.