Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center is now offering patients the CORI™ Surgical System for knee replacement surgery.
The CORI™ Surgical System uses handheld robotics-assisted technology helping the surgeon plan and perform the procedure. It also gives surgeons a three-dimensional view to help finalize and verify the selection of the knee implant and create a plan for surgery without the need for either a CT scan or MRI.
“This new technology gives our community an additional innovative orthopedic procedure designed to allow patients to have normal function in their knee, and return to their daily activities,” said Teresa Urquhart, chief executive officer at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. “We are committed to bringing some of the latest technologies to our area so we can give our patients quality treatment options close to home.”
Robotics-assisted knee replacement surgery using the CORITM Surgical System can lead to the following patient benefits:
- Quicker, smoother recovery
- Regain function faster and return home sooner
- A unique 3D digital model to get a surgical plan customized to the patients’ unique anatomy. The surgeon can perform the procedure more accurately than traditional knee replacement surgery.
- A natural fit: Using these technologies patients can keep more of their natural bone and ligaments, including the ACL. 6 That helps maintain more of a natural rhythm and step.
- A wide selection: The surgeon is able to choose from the widest selection of implants available, so implants can be precision-matched to feel more like a patient’s own knee.
At Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, we are here to offer you some of the best orthopedic care in the community. We also have a new orthopedic unit featuring a quiet, private setting with one-on-one personalized care.
Some of the accommodations of this unit include:
- 15 private rooms with sofa beds for your family and visitors
- Fully equipped gym for physical and occupational rehabilitation furnished with various daily activity simulators to prepare you for post-surgery
- Car simulation
- Bathroom set-up
- Stair preparation
- Spacious patient, family and visitor dining area
For more information contact the Director of Orthopedic Service Line/Nurse Navigator at 855-769-2969 or go to www.pbgmc.com.