Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) announced today the company is showcasing its new VOLO™ Ultra for the Radixact® System, at ASTRO 2021. VOLO Ultra, a new way of planning with the Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System, enables users to plan with ease, optimize with quality, and deliver treatments with efficiency.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology’s (ASTRO) 63rd annual meeting will take place October 24-27, 2021, in Chicago. Accuray will be in attendance at booth #403, sharing information on how its novel CyberKnife® and Radixact platforms and advanced software solutions can help expand the curative potential of radiation therapy.
“Accuray is thrilled to attend ASTRO 2021 and have the opportunity to engage with our valued customers. We are focused on positioning them for success in an ever evolving healthcare environment,” said Suzanne Winter, president of Accuray. “Our artificial intelligence (AI)-driven Synchrony® 4D dynamic delivery technology on the CyberKnife and Radixact Systems, ClearRT™ imaging, and VOLO Ultra are making it easier than ever to provide precise and accurate radiation treatments – but we aren’t stopping here. We continue to pursue the development of game-changing innovations that have the potential to bring a paradigm shift in radiation delivery and patient outcomes.”
Accuray ASTRO 2021 Highlights: Unique Advances in Software and Imaging Solutions
- VOLO Ultra*: VOLO Ultra is the latest evolution of our planning solution, the Accuray Precision Treatment Planning System. It helps accelerate Radixact and TomoTherapy® treatments so clinicians can treat more patients each day. It includes a state-of-the-art optimizer with a modern and fast gradient-based algorithm, designed to provide optimal plan quality for every treatment.
- ClearRT helical fan-beam kVCT imaging**: ClearRT is a one-of-a-kind imaging solution integrated with the Radixact System – a true workhorse system – to produce exceptional diagnostic-like quality CT images, quickly and cost-effectively. ClearRT offers the widest and longest field of view enabling clinicians to see more, know more and do more, and providing a new level of precision and accuracy in the treatment of almost any indication that would benefit from radiotherapy, from the simplest to the most complex.
- RayStation*** for the CyberKnife**** robotic radiosurgery platform: RayStation treatment planning support for the robotic CyberKnife M6™ and S7™ Systems will help enable clinicians to create treatment plans for these advanced systems and other conventional radiotherapy devices using the same software solution. RayStation will make it easier to seamlessly integrate the CyberKnife System within a radiation oncology department, increasing access to the only device capable of delivering sub-millimetric stereotactic treatments anywhere in the body with speed, efficiency and accuracy – all without the need for human intervention.
Symposium: Go ITV-free and Gating-free with Accuray
- October 26th, 2021, at 12:15 pm CT in Theater 1, Innovation Hub
- Hear how Synchrony® enables ITV-free and gating-free approaches to stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) treatments. Three practitioners will share their real-world clinical experiences using Synchrony® with the Radixact® and CyberKnife® Systems.
Accuray Exchange in Radiation Oncology (AERO™) Sessions: Daily Throughout the Meeting
The 15-minute talks on best practices will be offered in the AERO bar within the Accuray booth. All presentations will be available on AccurayExchange.com. Topics include:
- Rationale and overview of CyberKnife prostate SBRT
- Efficiency gains with CyberKnife VOLO™ optimizer: A user’s perspective
- VOLO™ Ultra, a new way of planning with Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System, architected to accelerate
- Implementing ClearRT™ for the Radixact System
- CyberKnife Synchrony approach for pancreas treatments
- The impact of the Radixact with Synchrony on patient treatments
- Introducing CyberKnife planning on RayStation®
- Brainlab Elements: improved target definition through automation
*VOLO™ Ultra Option for Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System is 510(k) cleared. It is not CE marked and availability is subject to regulatory clearance or approval in some markets.
**ClearRT™ Helical kVCT Imaging for the Radixact® Treatment Delivery System is not available for sale in all markets. ClearRT may be subject to international regulatory approval or licensing processes such that the availability of these products may vary according to geographical location.
***RayStation: Subject to regulatory clearance in some markets.
****Accuray CyberKnife® System: 510(k) cleared. Subject to regulatory clearance in some markets.