Most people carry wrong assumptions about aging and make negative guesses about what will happen to them as they age. While it is true that the body does lose its health and mobility to some extent, it is possible to preserve your health by making some healthier lifestyle choices. The same rules apply to the skin; although we cannot prevent aging, we sure can delay those wrinkles with effective anti-aging ingredients.
Given below are some of the must-have anti-aging ingredients you should be used to maintain your youthful glow.
- Sunscreen – Frist things first, you need to give your skin complete protection from the sun and other weather elements. While technically, sunscreen is not an ingredient, nevertheless, it is a very important part of your daily skin care regimen and projection from sun exposure. Excessive exposure to the sun can encourage spots and wrinkles, which are the signs of aging. So, apply a strong and broad-spectrum sunscreen on your face, arms and legs before stepping out.
- Retinol – Retinol, which is a vitamin A derivative, is known to boost cell turnover and collagen production, and that is good news for the skin. Higher cell turnover means getting rid of dead skin cells and uneven skin texture, and improved collages mean retaining the elasticity in your skin. Thus, with regular use of retinol, you can hold on to your youthful skin for a much longer time. Do try retinol, and you are sure to see a huge difference in your skin.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C works like magic and is known to encourage collagen production and prevent pigmentation of the skin. Moreover, as an antioxidant, Vitamin C also protects the skin against UV damage and fights wrinkles. Regular use will lead to youthful and plump skin in place of saggy, wrinkly skin with freckles and age spots. Look for serums and moisturizers with oodles of vitamin C to punch up the pro-aging impact.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid is immensely popular among women as it can deliver an immediate improvement in the skin and keep it in good condition. It works as a very good hydrating factor for dry skin, and one must add skincare products with Hyaluronic acid to their daily routine. Today, one finds a wide range of cleansers, serums, and moisturizers with Hyaluronic acid, which helps to lock in moisture. The best way to apply hyaluronic acid is to use it with another moisturizer and on slightly damp skin.
- Peptides – Any creams or serums with Peptides which are amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, encourage the body to make collagen and thus help keep the skin smooth and taut. Women who have applied creams and serums with Peptides found improved wrinkle appearance within a few weeks! This anti-wrinkle ingredient works best when sued with other anti-aging products. It is no surprise to see peptides becoming increasingly popular among anti-aging products.
Do not forget to consult your dermatologist or skin expert before using any new cream with anti-aging ingredients.