The American College of Cardiology and Emirates Cardiac Society will host ACC Middle East 2022 Together with 13th Emirates Cardiac Society Congress in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from October 7-9, 2022.
The annual conference will bring together cardiac care teams in the Middle East region with global cardiovascular experts to examine emerging trends, evidence-based strategies and contemporary best practices for the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.
“The annual Emirates Cardiac Society congress is one of the biggest meetings in the region. This year we are proud to partner with the ACC for the third time to produce a state-of-the-art conference,” said Wael A. Almahmeed, MD, FACC, UAE Vice Chair of the conference and a consultant cardiologist at the Heart and Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. “We have five tracks covering all the subspecialties of cardiology and including the latest in late-breaking science.”
Khaled M. Ziada, MD, FACC, and Wael A. Almahmeed, MD, FACC, will serve as Vice Chairs for the conference. Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, MACC, editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, will present the Opening Plenary Session, “Role of Imagenomics in Enhancing Cardiovascular Health Throughout the Lifespan.” Other plenaries will focus on the following key topics:
- Top Takeaways From the Latest Guidelines: Chest Pain and Coronary Revascularization
- The Highlights of the 2022 ACC/AHA/HFSA Guidelines For Management of Heart Failure
- Lipid Lowering Therapy Beyond Statins
- Artificial Intelligence in Cardiology
All attendees will have access to the interactive learning lab, featuring a hands-on echo simulation, challenging clinical case discussions, Heart Songs 5, ECG Drill & Practice, and more.
Contact Katie Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive embargoed copies of the abstracts or apply for media credentials. All posters are embargoed until Monday, October 3, 2022, at 12 a.m. ET/8 a.m. Gulf Standard Time. Below is a selection of posters being presented at the conference:
- Ivabradine effects on COVID-19 induced postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- Do Middle Eastern Women with Atrial Fibrillation Have Worse Baseline Clinical Profiles and One-Year Cardiovascular [Events] Compared with Men? The Jordan Atrial Fibrillation Study
- Impact of the Morning vs. Evening Dosing of Antihypertensive Drugs on 24 Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure
- The effect of lavender aromatherapy on anxiety reduction in cardiovascular patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Association of grain intake and premature coronary artery disease: Iranian Premature Coronary Artery Disease Study
To learn more about the conference visit ACC.org/MiddleEast2022.