arivis, a software provider for visualization, analysis, and management of big image data, announces the new VisionVR 3.2, which now enables users to simultaneously experience 3D and 4D image volumes and surfaces in an immersive environment.
Meet collaborators in VR
Users of arivis VisionVR can meet in a virtual environment and work together on the same dataset. The new collaboration functionality includes:
- Movement, scaling and clipping of data volumes occur in real time for all participants.
- Intranet or Internet is configurable.
- Users see each other’s position, view direction, and hand movement.
- Collaborators can highlight dataset features for each other
- Virtual meetings will enable many new joint scientific discoveries and shared educational experiences!
Seamless connectivity of powerful imaging science tools
With this new version 3.2, arivis rebrands their VR solution as arivis VisionVR and the “Vision” branding becomes the home for the entire arivis imaging product family. WebView and ImageHub are now VisionHub.
These products each cover unique aspects of imaging workflows including VR-based exploration, local analysis and rendering, and server-based parallel computation. All results can be inspected and edited in arivis VisionVR and vice versa, user knowledge can be mapped onto images in VR and used by the other arivis Platform applications (e.g. AI-based image segmentation).