Metactive Medical, Inc., a medical device company developing innovative products for peripheral vascular and neurovascular diseases, announced today that it has changed its name to Artio Medical, Inc. effective immediately.
“The corporate name change marks an important milestone as we progress toward commercialization,” said F. Nicholas Franano, MD, President and CEO of Artio Medical. “Artio is a Latin word meaning to place with a tight fit, which aligns with our strategy to design medical devices for precision placement and a hand-to-glove fit.”
Artio Medical was founded in 2014 as a small R&D group focused on developing metal implants for vascular embolization. The organization has since grown to include a team of exceptionally talented medical device professionals and expanded its focus to include flexible polymer implants to address a wide range of clinical needs and market opportunities, including artery, vein, and vascular aneurysm embolization. In conjunction with the corporate name change, the company has unveiled its new logo and website.
Artio Medical also announced new names for their portfolio of peripheral vascular and neurovascular embolization products under development, including:
- Solus Gold™ Embolization Device for peripheral vascular embolization
- Solus Flex™ Embolization Device for peripheral vascular embolization
- Aneura™ Embolization Coils for peripheral aneurysm embolization
- Aneura™ Embolization Device for peripheral aneurysm embolization
- Endura™ Embolization Coils for cerebral aneurysm embolization
- Endura™ Embolization Device for cerebral aneurysm embolization