December 19, 2020
Orthopaedic and Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) and Front Range Orthopedics & Spine (FROC) are pleased to announce the companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement to merge FROC under the OCR umbrella, effective Jan. 1, 2021.
This new partnership forms the largest privately owned fully vertically integrated orthopedic and spine medical group in Colorado, and one of the largest in the United States.
FROC and OCR physicians have held high admiration for each other’s reputations, training, skills, and patient outcomes for many years. Due to national, state, and regional trends in health care, the vertically integrated orthopedic and spine medical groups are partnering to share invaluable resources of people, space, and technology.
The new merger will include full business and clinical integration, sharing best practices in operations, clinical pathways and outcomes, and clinical research. OCR and FROC will have a strengthened collective, collaborative, and unified regional voice with strategic partners, including health systems and payers, on numerous marketplace topics.
As a merged entity, OCR will have approximately 600 employees in seven orthopedic/spine locations:
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Loveland, Colorado
- Greeley, Colorado
- Longmont, Colorado
- Lafayette, Colorado
- Westminster, Colorado (new location coming Summer 2021)
- Frederick, Colorado
The merger will benefit the communities listed above as well as the entire Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska regions through a shared group mission, a common vision, and corporate values of continuing to lower health care costs by providing the highest quality of care and greatest patient outcomes in the lowest cost settings. The full integration of both organizations will occur over the next few years.
Post-merger, OCR will continue to grow as a vertically integrated orthopedic model of care through:
- 43 total physicians and surgeons practicing in virtually all orthopedic and spine subspecialties
- 34 Physician Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
- Seven (7) medical clinic locations across the front range
- Four (4) therapy locations providing PT and OT services
- 18 Physical Therapists
- Seven (7) Occupational Therapists
- Three (3) Ambulatory Surgery Centers and 2 Recovery Center locations
- Three (3) MRI locations
- Sports Medicine Outreach / Regional Concussion Program partnerships with Colorado State University, Colorado Eagles, 24 regional high schools, Mountain View Fire, more than nine (9) regional sports club teams, and coverage at over 40 regional rodeos and sporting events per year.
- OCR/FROC currently provides Orthopedic Trauma Coverage at seven (7) regional Medical Centers: Poudre Valley Hospital (Fort Collins, Colorado), Medical Center of the Rockies (Loveland, Colorado), UCHealth Greeley (Greeley, Colorado), Longmont United Hospital (Longmont, Colorado), Longs Peak Hospital (Longmont, Colorado), St Anthony’s North (Westminster, Colorado), and Good Samaritan Medical Center (Lafayette, Colorado).