December 31, 2020
Therapeutic Solutions International, Inc., has announced the launching of Campbell Neurosciences Inc as a partially owned spin-off from the Company.
Therapeutic Solutions notes Campbell Neurosciences will be led by Ms. Kalina O’Connor as President and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. James Veltmeyer as Chief Medical Officer, and Ms. Jona Barnes as Chief Financial Officer.
Note: Kalina O’Connor is the daughter of Kathleen Campbell, a victim of suicide who the Division Campbell Neurosciences is named after. Kalina is a serial entrepreneur having experience in the area of counseling and biotechnology business development. Kalina worked in various high-end suicide prevention/rehabilitation organizations for a decade, which provided her an intimate understanding of the shortcomings that exist in the current approach to brain understanding and reprogramming. Subsequently, Kalina was engaged with biotechnology organizations such as NarcoStem, Therapsol, and Bioscientific Holdings, providing introductions to licensing opportunities from academia.
Campbell Neurosciences Inc has signed license agreements with Therapeutic Solutions International for access to the 9 patents filed related to the previous Campbell Neurosciences Division. The patents are:
1. 63/128759 Immunotherapy for Opioid Addiction
2. 63/122862 Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder and Suicidal Ideations Through Stimulation of Hippocampal Neurogenesis Utilizing Plant-Based Approaches
3. 63/105964 Protection/Regeneration of Neurological Function by Endothelial Protection/Rejuvenation using Stem Cells for Treatment of Conditions such as Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and Schizophrenia
4. 17/030416 Personalized Immunotherapies for Reduction of Brain Inflammation and Suicide Prevention
5. 63/077723 Immunotherapy of Schizophrenia and Schizophrenia Associated Suicidal Ideation/Suicide
6. 63/071381 Upregulation of Therapeutic T Regulatory Cells and Suppression of Suicidal Ideations in Response to Inflammation by Administration of Nutraceutical Compositions Alone or Combined with Minocycline
7. 63/068388 Methods of Determining Risk of Suicide and/or Suicidal Ideation by Immunological Assessment
8. 63/061202 Prevention of Neuroinflammation associated Memory Loss Using Nutraceutical Compositions
9. 63/057315 Neuroprotection and Neuroregeneration by Pterostilbene and Compositions Thereof
Additionally, Campbell Neurosciences Inc. has entered into purchase agreements with Therapeutic Solutions International ensuring a continued supply, at a discounted rate, of nutraceuticals that are being explored for antiinflammation/suicide prevention activity.
“I am honored that the Board of Therapeutic Solutions International has agreed to spin off the Campbell Neurosciences Division as an independent entity,” said Kalina O’Connor, Chief Executive Officer of Campbell Neurosciences Inc. “By leveraging the unique relationship between immunology, neurosciences and regenerative medicine, we aim to position ourselves as leaders in establishing a scientific and quantifiable basis to the practice of regenerative psychiatry.”
“Having collaborated with Ms. O’Connor in our work at Therapeutic Solutions International, I am pleased to be the Chief Medical Officer of Campbell Neurosciences, a company dedicated to preventing suicide,” said Dr. James Veltmeyer.* “We are dedicated to demonstrating to the world that suicide is not a choice but a disease.”
“Ms. O’Connor approached us with the idea of forming a company named after her mother, Kathleen Campbell, who was a victim of suicide. I was impressed by Ms. O’Connor’s deep insight into biology, as well as her unwavering commitment to help other people in her mother’s situation,” said Timothy Dixon, Chairman, President and CEO of Therapeutic Solutions International. “Having worked with Ms. O’Connor and after meeting certain milestones including establishment of two clinical trials, the board decided that enhanced value can be obtained with Campbell Neurosciences spinning out as a separate entity. We will support Ms. O’Connor and Campbell Neurosciences on an ongoing basis.”
Note: *Dr. Veltmeyer is a board-certified family physician in La Mesa, California. A graduate of UC San Diego and the Ross University School of Medicine, he completed his residency through the UC San Francisco system where he became Chief of Family Medicine Residency, overseeing 36 doctors.
Dr. Veltmeyer, a member of the San Diego Critical Care Medical Group, has been elected for four years (2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017) by his colleagues in the San Diego County Medical Society as a “Physician of Exceptional Excellence,” the most prestigious honor awarded to a “Top Doctor” in San Diego County. He is among a select group of San Diego physicians who was chosen four of the last fifteen years and he consistently ranks in the top 1% to 2% for patient satisfaction. He is currently the Chief of the Department of Family Medicine at Sharp Grossmont Hospital where he provides senior leadership to over 200 doctors.