New Options for Temperature Check Verification: With checking temperatures and elevated body temperatures quickly becoming mainstream, new technologies and resources are available from the Kiosk Manufacturer Association.
KMA consists of companies from all over the world that provide kiosk and self-service technology, hardware and software to enable unattended access for customers and employees. Whether for retail, theme park, healthcare or corporate “back to work” situations, being able to provide some sort of qualified testing is the first step for entire industries and all-size businesses everywhere to open safely and help bend the COVID-19 curve.
Craig Keefner, manager for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association (KMA), says, “Like other technologies, there are different solutions with different accuracy and different application extensions. We have over 25 different solutions, several of them free and discounted, which provide software and hardware. Temperature check kiosks, sanitizer kiosks, new touchless no-touch touchscreens, antibacterial recommendations including UV-C and multiple COVID-related software applications. KMA has over 400 companies listed.
“We’ve seen a very large influx of requests for unattended self-service. The HMI or human-machine-interface is becoming the preferred initial interface. Until such time that nationwide testing data is available, I expect minimizing person-to-person exposure where possible is going to be a first priority,” Keefner added.
COVID-related resources include:
- Temperature Check – 22MILES Thermal Sensing FAQ
- Tech Brief – Temperature Elevated & Body Temperature EBT
- Antibacterial Kiosks – CDC on Contaminated Surfaces
- Contactless Touchscreen – No Touch Touchless Touchscreen
- Thermal Sensing Solution Kiosks
- Pyramid Health Screening Kiosk COVID-19
- Temperature Kiosks
- Opinion – The Self Service Surge
- Conversational AI Kiosk
- Capacity Control Digital Signage
- McDonald’s Video – Arnheim Post-COVID Config Distancing
- No Touch Kiosk No Touch Touchscreen
- Antibacterial Kiosk Touchscreen Wipes Coatings
The KMA would like to thank its Gold Sponsors for their support: They include:
Olea Kiosks, KioWare, Nanonation, Pyramid, Kiosk Group, Frank Mayer, Vispero, Zebra, Honeywell, 22Miles